How to Import Email from Thunderbird to Outlook
Thunderbird is a free desktop email client application used by many users to compose and receive emails. It can configure many email accounts such as Gmail, Outlook, etc. and store in MBOX file format. But, as Outlook provides a great deal of storage space and useful features. So, sometimes users search for queries such as import email from Thunderbird to Outlook. Therefore, if you are also looking for the same query and want to import email from Thunderbird to Outlook. Then, you’re likely now on the brink of completing a major move of some sort. Because in this blog, we will discuss how to export mail from Thunderbird to Outlook.
Import Email from Thunderbird to Outlook PST File
In order to transfer emails from Thunderbird to Outlook, you have to configure Gmail account to Thunderbird using IMAP configuration.
Step 1: Add Email Client Account Using IMAP
Perform the beneath referenced steps to move emails from Thunderbird to Outlook 2016. Albeit any webmail application can be used for this process, we will choose Gmail.
- Above all else, add Thunderbird account with Gmail and afterward, enable the IMAP alternative in Gmail account by following these choices:
- Sign in your Gmail account.
- At that point, click on Gear icon and open the Gmail settings under the Gmail page.
- Select alternatives Forwarding and POP/IMAP.
- Next, pick the Enable IMAP alternative.
- Presently, configure your IMAP account.
- At last, click on the Save Changes choice.
- From that point onward, run the Thunderbird application on your local machine. Go to Tools >> Account Settings. The Select Account Actions >> Add Mail Account. At that point, enter the name, email address, and password to open Thunderbird account. Snap on the Next button to continue further.
- Next, enable the IMAP checkbox and at that point, go to the manual arrangement measure.
- From that point onward, enter all the necessary data in the Incoming and Outgoing section.
Incoming: imap.gmail.com, Port: Either993 (SSL) or 143 (rarely 585 (SSL)
Outgoing: smtp.gmail.com, Port: Either 25 or 465 (SSL) (rarely 2525)
- At that point, click on the Re-test button in the event that you have filled everything effectively, at that point, the task will complete totally. After this, decide to Create another Account choice.
- Presently, you can Check your Gmail account by opening Thunderbird Profile.
- At that point, drag emails from Thunderbird to configured Gmail Profile
Step 2: IMAP Configuration in Microsoft Outlook
In the wake of configuring Thunderbird with Gmail account, presently you have to configure Microsoft Outlook Profile with Gmail setup. Thus, follow these steps to import email from Thunderbird to Outlook 2010, 2013, 2016 which are referenced below:
- To begin with, go to the File menu and click on the Add Account.
- At that point a dialog box will show up, select alternative – Manually configure server settings or additional server types.
- At that point, go to the Internet Email choice and tap on the Next button.
- Presently enter the name, email address, and password in the dialog box.
- Go to Account Type and select IMAP choice for IMAP email account.
- Presently, you have to type imap.gmail.com for Incoming server and smtp.gmail.com for outgoing server.
- Now, tap on More Settings choice.
- In the Outgoing Server, select Outgoing Server (SMTP) requires Authentication
- From that point forward, click on Use Same Settings as My Incoming Server choice and enter 993/995 port number in the Incoming Server Port.
- Next, pick This Server Requires an Encrypted Connection alternative. For IMAP mail account, setting the kind of encryption to SSL.
- In this progression, in the outgoing server Port, type 587/465 port number. At that point, set the sort of encryption to TLS.
- Presently, select the Test Account Setting alternative for checking the account settings.
- At last, you will get a message like “your account settings are correct”. At that point, click on the Next button to close the dialog box. It will start export mail from Thunderbird to Outlook process.
Automated Method: How to Import Email from Thunderbird to Outlook
The above examined manual methodology is extremely long and tedious. Along these lines, numerous clients are searching for a confided in an automated arrangement that can beat manual strategy restrictions. Along these lines, clients are recommended to use a dependable tool like Thunderbird Backup Tool. It encourages clients to straightforwardly Import email from Thunderbird to Outlook in a proficient way with no dread of data loss. It permits migrate emails from Thunderbird to Outlook in bulk using this Thunderbird Backup Tool. The tool can likewise transfer emails from Thunderbird to Outlook 2010, 2013, 2016 along with the attachments. What’s more, it will keep up the folder hierarchy and data integrity after the export process.
There are many advantages of using Outlook as an email application due to which users are searching for a solution to import email from Thunderbird to Outlook. Considering the requirement of users, we have discussed here both manual and an automatic process to transfer emails from Thunderbird to Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010. But it is recommended to use a third-party tool which is a perfect, simple, and instant solution to migrate emails from Thunderbird to Outlook.
Note: Learn More, read How to Transfer Email Folders from Yahoo to Outlook