How to Backup Gmail Emails With Attachments
In this blog entry, let us talk about the best strategies to backup Gmail emails with attachments to an external hard drive, pen drive, or PC.
There are countless numbers of clients using Gmail email client around the globe. By and large, clients need to make backup Gmail emails and attachments. Some of the emails contains important data identified with business, lawful information, or any close to home data. You can easily take backup Gmail emails and attachments, if you need to change to some other email client, such as Outlook, Yahoo, and so forth.
Now and again, you may need to take backup of Gmail on to your framework. Thus, without wasting any additional time, let us examine the safe techniques that you can use to backup Gmail emails.
Strategies to Backup Gmail Emails with Attachments
By Using Google Takeout Method
With the assistance of Google Takeout, you can backup Gmail emails along with other items also like Contacts, Calendar, and so on. However, it is just advantageous if you wish to backup Gmail emails and attachments if there are a small amount of Gmail emails. If you want to backup Gmail with attachments, at that point it will require so much time to backup Gmail emails with attachments to an external hard drive.
Working Steps of Google Takeout Method
The whole method to backup Gmail with attachments is arranged into three fundamental steps.
Step 1: Open Google Takeout and Backup Gmail Emails with Attachments
- In the Gmail account, click on Google Account to backup Gmail with attachments
- Another tab will open, where you have to decide on Data and personalization.
- Go to the Data and personalization page; there is a Download, delete, or make an arrangement for your data segment. Here, you have to choose to Download your data choice.
- All the items will choose as a matter of course. In this way, deselect all under Select information.
- Check the case relating to Mail and click on the All Mail data included to open the Mailbox content. Here, all the labels and default folder of Gmail are shown, and you can choose any folder and export its information into the MBOX file format. At that point, click on OK.
- Presently, click on Next to move to the following steps.
Step 2: Choose Backup File Format As Per Your need
- In the Delivery method menu, you have four choices, for example,
*Send download link via email,
#Add to Drive, Add to Dropbox,
*Add to OneDrive,
#Add to Box
On these, Google will send you a document link. Here, you can choose to send a download link via email.
- Presently, select either ZIP or TGZ type file for backup Gmail emails and attachments in a file format that you wish to save on desktop location. The compress can be effectively available on any Windows, though to open the TGZ file, the extra program is required.
- Presently select the Archive file size. The oversize files will split when the data surpasses the file size breaking point. At that point, click on the Create Archive button.
- Finally, the backup Gmail with the attachments process will initiate.
Step 3: Creation and Download Archive File
- Under the Manage archives section, click on the Download.
- When you tapped on the Download button, it will divert to another tab where it requests a password. Simply enter the password and click on the Next. This will download the take backup of Gmail with attachments.
- Likewise, the link to save Gmail emails with attachments files previously sent to your inbox that can be valid for one week. It implies that you can download the backup file again for the following seven days since from its creation using the link.
- When you have gotten the ZIP file, extract it. The take backup of Gmail with attachments accessible in the MBOX file format.
- Next, you can import this MBOX file in its upheld mail application and can see the mail alongside its attachments on your framework.
Automated Solution to Backup Gmail Email with Attachments
The above save Gmail emails with attachments process is a long and time consuming practice with regards to take backup of Gmail with attachments. I would propose you to use a third-party Tool to backup Gmail emails account to an external hard drive.
This Gmail Backup Tool enables you to take a backup of Gmail with attachments and other items like Contacts, Calendar, etc. The Gmail emails can be straightforwardly imported to Outlook, Thunderbird, Yahoo, and so. This tool permits clients to backup Gmail emails with attachments to PST, PDF, EMLX, EML, TXT, MBOX, HTML, and other file formats.
You can likewise backup Gmail emails to the PC framework, external drive, or USB. The tool is planned with an easy to use GUI and can backup Gmail with attachments easily. This tool can backup Gmail emails and attachments admirably for the two Windows and MAC clients.
Follow the below steps to backup Gmail emails with attachments
- Launch the Tool & Enter the Credentials of Gmail account.
- Choose Category, Email Format, Destination
- Click on the Start button. The tool will show the Live Status.
- After the completion of the backup of Gmail emails with attachments, the confirmation message comes.
In this blog, we have examined a manual strategy with the assistance of Google Takeout to backup Gmail emails with attachments to an external hard drive. But this technique has its constraint as it is appropriate to backup Gmail emails locally if there are a smaller number of Gmail emails not for many emails. Thus, the most ideal approach to backup Gmail emails is to use this backup tool, which can save or backup Gmail emails to Computers without any problem.